Factory Mattress and Bedrooms is a family owned business in Rocky Mount, NC, Greenville, NC and Goldsboro, NC that believes in providing high-quality mattresses at an affordable price. We look forward to being your mattress store of choice, now and in the future. As we have since 1974, we pledge first quality products at the absolute best price and with the finest customer service anywhere.
Spring is here, and the weather is getting steadily warmer. There’s nothing worse than trying to fall asleep when you’re hot and sweaty. In fact, studies show that you sleep better in cooler temperatures, because it allows your body to reach a lower, more comfortable body temperature while you sleep. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to wait until winter or crank up your AC to get a good night’s sleep.
Here are some tips to help you stay cool and comfy while you sleep (even in the middle of summer):
- Wear loose, breathable pajamas to bed. Cotton pajamas are typically the best at keeping you cool.
- The same goes for your sheets and comforters– choose lightweight, breathable materials like cotton.
- Taking a warm shower or bath actually helps to cool your body temperature once you get out. Just make sure that you ventilate your bathroom so as not to overheat your room/home.
- Use ice packs and/or cold washcloths to cool down before bed.
- Keep a glass of ice cold water on your nightstand to sip throughout the night if you get thirsty.
- Buy cooling sleep materials, such as cooling mattress and pillows, which are specially designed to keep you cool while you sleep.
- Program your thermostat to drop a degree or two each night around bedtime.
Keeping cool at night is proven to help you sleep better. Follow these tips, and you’ll be on your way to a better night’s sleep.
For a new mattress, maybe even a cooling mattress, come to see us at Factory Mattress and Bedrooms in Rocky Mount, NC.