Factory Mattress and Bedrooms is a family owned business in Rocky Mount, NC, Greenville, NC and Goldsboro, NC that believes in providing high-quality mattresses at an affordable price. We look forward to being your mattress store of choice, now and in the future. As we have since 1974, we pledge first quality products at the absolute best price and with the finest customer service anywhere.
For many, fall allergies are just as bad, if not worse, than spring allergies. When you’re not feeling well, the best thing for you is rest, but when you’re dealing with seasonal allergies and all of their symptoms, getting to sleep can be hard to do.
Tips for Sleeping with Allergies
If you’re having trouble sleeping comfortably while dealing with seasonal allergies, there are a number of steps you can take to get the rest you need:
- Instead of taking your allergy medicine in the morning, take it each night to help you sleep better. Be sure to talk to your doctor first before starting any allergy medication.
- Prop your pillows at a slight angle to help promote nasal drainage. If you have an adjustable mattress, you can raise the head slightly to help with this as well.
- Wash your sheets frequently during allergy season. You can also purchase bedding made especially for controlling allergen collection.
- Sleep with an air humidifier to help you breathe easier while you sleep. Don’t turn on your ceiling fans as they tend to dry you out. In addition, use an air purifier to keep your home’s air as allergen free as possible.
- Take a shower before bed, both to help relieve sinus pressure and clear airways before bed and to wash away any allergens that you may have tracked in.
- During allergy season, it’s helpful to clean more frequently than usual in order to clean up any pollen that you’ve tracked inside. This includes washing your sheets more often and changing your home’s air filters more frequently.
Consider an Adjustable Mattress
If you suffer from seasonal allergies every year, or have other issues that may affect your sleep like snoring, GERD, or asthma, an adjustable bed that can move up and down can help improve your sleep. Propping the head portion of the mattress at a slight angle can improve air flow and help you sleep better. In addition, adjustable mattresses can help with many aches and pains that you may experience while you sleep.
At Factory Mattress, we sell a number of adjustable mattress bases, which allow you to adjust the angle of both your head and feet while you sleep. These are beneficial not just for allergies, but for a number of other issues that might keep you awake at night. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about these adjustable bases as well as about any of our mattresses.
If you’re on the market for a new mattress, be sure to come to see us at Factory Mattress and Bedrooms in Goldsboro, NC.