Factory Mattress and Bedrooms is a family owned business in Rocky Mount, NC, Greenville, NC and Goldsboro, NC that believes in providing high-quality mattresses at an affordable price. We look forward to being your mattress store of choice, now and in the future. As we have since 1974, we pledge first quality products at the absolute best price and with the finest customer service anywhere.
Halloween is just a few days away, and your kids will likely collect an impressive amount of candy. While these sweet treats can be delicious, they can also mess with your sleep, and with your kids’ sleep too. So, here’s what you should know about sugar and sleep:
- High sugar intake can harm your sleep quality, leading to more night awakenings.
- For some, sugar also leads to restlessness and trouble falling asleep.
- There are mixed opinions about whether “sugar highs” or “sugar rushes” are a real occurrence.
- If you’re looking for an after-dinner snack, you should skip things high in sugar or carbs. Instead, eat foods with tryptophan, which is supposed to help you fall asleep. Some goods with tryptophan include turkey, beans, nuts, and cottage cheese.
- Eating sugar throughout the day can lead to late night cravings, and many foods (aside from those mentioned above) can make it harder for you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
If you’re tempted to take a late night dive in your kids’ Halloween candy hoard, think again, because it can negatively impact your sleep.
Skip the Halloween sweets for sweet dreams instead. Come to see us at Factory Mattress & Bedrooms in Rocky Mount, NC for quality mattresses at affordable prices.