As your leading mattress store of Wilson, NC and surrounding areas, we thought to give you the run down on how to test mattresses before you buy it. Here are 3 things you must look for before making the final decision.
1. Decide Your Preferred Firmness
This is possibly one of the most important questions you may need to decide. It can be difficult to decided what firmness is the best for you. Luckily we have your back on deciding what’s the best firmness.
- If you experience chronic back pain, then you may need to consider a medium-firm to firm mattress choice. These mattresses support your lower back can greatly reduce any back pain that you may experience in the night.
- If you are on the larger side, then you may want to consider the Pillow-top mattress. People on the light side typically don’t have enough weight to suppress the top and the springs. This makes a huge difference in comfort for larger people as opposed to smaller.
2. Go Through the Proper Test
After you’ve decided the firmness, you can ask the salesperson to direct you to the proper mattress. Once you get there, it’s important to lay on it and see how it feels. Follow these steps:
- Floor models are out in the store specifically for you to test them out, so don’t be shy! Lay on each mattress for 2-3 minutes, and see how it feels on your upper back and your lower back.
- If you couldn’t decided on the firmness in the first step, feel free to try out different varieties in the store. Also know that some descriptors may not always be the most accurate, such as “ultra plush” or “extra firm,” as these are not regulated descriptors. Trust your gut.
- Ask to see a cutaway of the mattress if it’s available so that you are aware of the materials you are sleeping on.
3. Go To a Company You Can Trust
The mattress industry has evolved from the days of only a few choices in comfort. Consumers now seek to find the individual level of comfort our unique body’s desire. Our factory trained sales people have the knowledge and expertise to make your shopping experience pleasant and informative. Factory Mattress and Bedrooms is a family owned business. That yields benefits like, lower overhead which means lower prices to you on first quality name brand products from Sealy, Simmons, Stearns & Foster, Tempurpedic and more. We look forward to being your mattress store of choice, now and in the future. As we have since 1974, we pledge first quality products at the absolute best price and with the finest customer service anywhere.